Monday, March 27, 2017

The Crazy Quest for a 2DS

Hi all!  I'm going to try to be making a blogpost at least once a week...I've tried that before, and it has failed.  I'm going to try again.
As most of you know, I'm a bit of a nerd, and a bit of a geek...more nerd than geek.  My boyfriend has slowly been "corrupting" me and turning me into more of a geek, which isn't a bad thing, I don't think.  I've been wanting a DS for awhile now, so that I could play the new Pokemon game (Pokemon Sun/Moon), that came out on my birthday, so I asked my stepdad if I could have a 2DS when our tax returns came in.
Unfortunately, life interfered with getting a DS for tax returns, in the form of bills...but then a wonderful thing happened last Wednesday.
I got a...check?  Yup, a check!  Apparently, and this was news to me, if you're going to college and don't use up all of your pell grant, you get a refund on it!  So, first came the responsible things...new front tires for Demacia (my Jeep, named after a city state in the game League of Legends), and new sneakers (oh my old ones were falling to pieces).  Next, came the fun, or not so needed things.  New sandals for my last prom (it's this Saturday, actually!  I'm going with Jacob), a DS, and Pokemon Sun.
Just one little problem.
Walmart didn't have a DS!!!  And there's no sense in getting a game I'm not going to be able to play, right?  Okay, so, checking the Walmart website and another Walmart says they have it.  Well, I have some money, so let's go to that Walmart and go out to eat!  I like treating my family.  But wait, no, we'd better call to be sure.  Nope.  No DS, 2 or 3 to be found.  Sorrows.
Okay, so call another Walmart.  Nope.  A Walmart several towns away.  Nope.  BestBuy?  Well, I wouldn't know, we never got to talk to a human.  Finally, another Walmart.  Nope, but try GameStop.
Alright, alright!  So, we called GameStop.  YUS!  A preowned 2DS!  Well, it's about an hour and a half away....
You know what, we're going anyway!  Besides, they said they'd hold it for me.  So, I quickly ran upstairs, grabbed two books and got in the vehicle, ready to go.
Great books, also check out Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by the same author (Jessica Day George)
It's a great trip, but by the time we get to the mall where the GameStop is located, I've really gotta go to the bathroom!  So, Mom and I scramble around in the mall, wondering why they've decided to put their restrooms in the most obscure place possible.  Finally we find the bathroom, and finally we're on the last leg of our journey.
Mom, Doug and I walk into the GameStop, and honestly, part of me is terrified they've forgotten to hold it for me and sold it, but nope!  We tell them why we're there, and he gets it out.
My 2DS, which does not have a name yet.
Oh, I'm so happy.  Then, he asks if I'm wanting any games.  Definitely!  I definitely want Pokemon Sun.  It came out on my birthday!!!  Plus it has Litten, and I love Litten.
I present Litten, the Fire Kitten


Well, the very nice guy asks if I'd like to take a look at some other games, because there's a deal on them...looking back, it wasn't a super good deal, but I had money, and I thought it would be nice to have games to play other than just my Pokemon game.  So, I picked out The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.  Apparently the Zelda game was just a case...I was sad.  But there was another Zelda game for the same price, so I got The Legend of Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes.
I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to rotate the picture

Well, my Animal Crossing game was the only one that would play!  Apparently I needed an SD card.  So, on the way home we stopped at Walmart to get an SD card.
This is where my SD card goes.  As you can see, my DS is blue!!!
I pick out my SD card, and since they have it, I also grab The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
So, my total of games looks like this:
My games.
Oh, by the way...guess what else that Walmart had?  ...a 2DS.

~Katie

1 comment:

Congrats you've read the whole thing! Please leave a comment to show me that you're reading!