Saturday, August 20, 2016

I Got Irritated Again.

Okay, so I am very tired of seeing people that I respect do things that make me lose a bit of respect for them...especially when they take what one person writes in an article, and decides that it's the truth...because it already fits their own idea.
Yes, this involves Pokemon again.
Someone from one of my churches posted this article saying "for your info".  For one, this is a rather outdated post!  There are a TON more pokemon and pokemon types now.  For two...  *groans*  it has picked something that it already deems as "evil" and is looking for ways to support its agenda.  You can do that with anything.  Literally anything.  Wanna know how I know?  Well, I took one of my favorite book series of all times (The Chronicles of Narnia), and picked apart the first CHRONOLOGICAL book.  By that, I mean The Magician's Nephew.  Again, I said chronological, not first written.  Oh, it's satanic and occultic!
This is what I said:
"By this logic, The Chronicles of Narnia, a book series written by C.S. Lewis, and a movie series made by Disney (not as good as the books) is evil and should not be read.
Narnia is a series revolving mainly around four siblings, Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy, their cousin Eustace and his friend Jill, and a professor named Digory, and his friend Polly.
In the first chronological book, The Magician's Nephew, it starts off right away with a boy who has a very off the wall uncle. His uncle has "magic" rings (oh no, the occult), that can transport a person from realm to realm. He forces Digory and Polly (whom Digory finds while crawling through the attic, if I remember, something else children should not be encouraged to do) to wear these rings and go to a different world.
They go to this world, and there's a bell there, when they ring it all these stone people come to life. This must be magic. Again, the occult, obviously.
I recall that there was a forest, with different puddles, and basically, the puddles transport to and from these places. They go into another puddle and they're transported to a new "world" that is just being made, by a singing lion.
The lion sings and stuff happens. Talking animals and everything. Okay, that's so not cool, that's obviously occultish magic and will give children the idea that God isn't actually God, but some singing lion, especially as the author of these books never once mentions God in this series.
Later on, when Digory and Polly are back in England, they've accidentally taken some evil witch (yes, witch, okay, they aren't even trying to hide that she's a witch, obviously involved in the occult!) with them. She breaks a lamppost and when they get back to this new "world" which has been named Narnia, she throws it into the ground and it grows into a regular sized lamppost, complete with a lamp with fire in it and everything. Again, occultic magic.
I don't fully remember the entire book, as I haven't read it in a long time, but I do remember that a cab driver and his horse Strawberry are brought to Narnia as well. Aslan wants him to stay and he even gets the man's wife there as well! That's so wrong! Just displacing a person from where they've grown.
Digory, the book's main protagonist even steals an apple to "heal his ailing mother", as if a "magical" apple can do that! Then his mother is miraculously healed. Okay, what? Obviously occultic stuff right there.
Oh and what's worse? He plants the remains of that apple and if I remember correctly, the tree grew overnight. That doesn't happen. That is not something we want our kids to think can happen.
Later, he cuts the tree down and builds a wardrobe out of it, which later, in the book The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, transports the four siblings mentioned before to Narnia.
There are seven books in this series, and I could pick them all apart for you like this man does, to prove why they are leading children into the occult and that they should not be read or partaken in at all, but that would take up too much room here.
Other books basically embrace the idea that a lion (Aslan) can save people from dying, or transport people do different lands or his "kingdom". He died in one of the books and was brought back to life. I don't see how anyone could allow their child to read these books or watch the movies.
In The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (witch is in the title, why would anyone think that that's appropriate?) there is a witch (big shocker) who turns the entire country into ice using her sorcery...and good Christian people let their children read these books and watch these movies.
And the worst part of this entire thing is that there are Christians all over the world who believe that The Chronicles of Narnia is something good for their children! This author also wrote a book called The Screwtape letters, targeted at adults, where a demon is trying to control a man, and ultimately end him in hell. I mean, that's satanic right there! Why on earth would anyone want to read a book that all but romanticizes satanic things like that?
.
.
.
Do you see how absurd that is? Because...um...that article used the exact same logic I did. ANYTHING, literally ANYTHING could lead a person to the occult. I've been watching Pokemon, learning about Pokemon, even playing some Pokemon games...and...I'm probably further away from the occult than I have ever been. Not because of the movies/books/games I partake in, but because of my relationship with Jesus Christ and God.
Again ANYTHING could be found to be Satanic or Occultic....
And what really bothers me is people just reading articles like this and believing them. They don't even try to go out and learn about it other than people who already share the same opinion. Just because someone says it's true, doesn't mean it actually is. I mean, seriously, go look at all the articles and websites promoting abortion!
Oh, and about the evolutions they're talking about...it's basically growing up. Most pokemon have three stages and it's basically baby>teen>adult.
ACTUALLY, one of the pokemon is a caterpillar called caterpie. He evolves into a butterfly. He goes from Caterpie the catterpillar, to Metapod the cocoon, to Butterfree (I think I spelled that right) the butterfly. It just goes through the stages of metamorphosis."
So...yeah.  Like I said there...you can find the occult in anything if you want to.  You can find the evil in anything if you want to.  And the thing is, maybe you have a personal conviction against something.  I know a woman who has a personal conviction against chewing gum.  BUT she doesn't tell others they can't chew gum, and she even keeps gum in her purse for others if they want some.
If it's YOUR personal conviction, don't force it on OTHERS.
Annoyed, ranting human out,
~Katie

2 comments:

  1. Since I do not like Narnia related stuff I was really enjoying the look of how Satanic it is. I have to agree with that: But that is my own personal opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *waves* Great stuff. I always love seeing sense about matters like false accusations of witchcraft.

    Maybe write a post about the recent post you made on GuG, but make it sufficiently vague that people who weren't there for it won't recognize it?

    ReplyDelete

Congrats you've read the whole thing! Please leave a comment to show me that you're reading!